Northbury Grove: King's Comfort
A downloadable game for Windows
What is King's Comfort?
Just 3 miles up Route 20 from the postponed Rock the Warehouse festival stands King's Comfort. This retro resort motel features a beautiful view of the Zakeenian mountains, an indoor pool-house with saunas, a cozy local bar called "The Bard's Tavern," and 12 luxuriously quaint rooms. Sure, this motel might not have the fanciest rooms, but the solitude is...to die for.
Trevor is waking up from a crazy few days of partying. He collects his bearings despite a pounding headache and uneasy gut. Where did all his friends go? Did they all head to the festival to start setting up? And why hasn't he heard from his sister Crystal, or their friend Connor? They're supposed to be meeting Grace at the festival grounds...
Trevor needs to get in touch with his sister. So off he goes into the night. But where is everyone? King's Comfort is eerily empty...
We're glad to present King's Comfort, our second game! This takes place during (and after) the events of Northbury Grove. Trevor is waking up as the slasher stalks Connor in the parking lot. This game is inspired by retro horror movies. Big inspirations this time around would be The Hitcher, Duel, Psycho, and even No Country For Old Men. We hope you enjoy this second glimpse into the Scythe Saga universe!
King's Comfort motel: discount rooms with a view to DIE for....
- Random level detail generation - No level plays the same, different lighting, arrangements, even TV channels.
- Improved AI - The Slasher has a new array of creepy behaviors, and he stalks efficiently.
- New Mechanics - Peek through doors, sneak by threats, break stuff, kill things?
- Brand-New Soundtrack - A brand new cinematic composition reprised by Jon of the Shred
- Alternate Endings - Can you find them all?
- Improved Engine - Game runs smoother and faster.
- Secret Area & Secret Mode - We had some time.
- WASD to Move
- Click to Interact
- F to Toggle your Flashlight
- Right Click to peek through keyholes on
- CTRL to Crouch
- Shift to Sprint
- ESC to Pause
- VHS Effect Toggle in Pause Menu
- A dual-core processor.
- A relatively modern GFX card. (Check your drivers!)
- 4GB + of RAM.
|Author||Scythe Dev Team|
|Made with||Unity, Blender|
|Tags||FPS, Gore, Horror, Retro, singleplay, Slasher, Spooky, Stealth|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Community, Twitter, Soundtrack|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: start the new year w...|
Click download now to get access to the following files: